The new top was pretty simple to install really once all the screws were found. There is a video on how to do it on teamswift.net that shows how to put a top on. It fits nice and snug but I left the side pieces off till I paint the car. The tires also came […]
Category: Convertible XFI project
This weekend has been slow going, it has been over 90 every day and really high humidity. I got all the dents and bad places smoothed out on the body and the base white paint is on there good and dry now. I loaded the car up on a trailer and hauled it in to […]
The hood and most of the body is pretty smooth and flat now. Check out the reflection in the hood. Not much else done today. Sanding and body work takes a lot of time.
Was raining some today and bad weather in general but since it was only a base coat it doesn’t matter if it is not perfect. I see a few places that need some spot putty to fix before painting so maybe the middle of next week it will be painted blue.
The car is getting pretty well done so I took it for a little drive around the alleys here to make sure everything was working. I didn’t want to drive it far because I didn’t have matching tires or enough lug nuts for the wheels. The car runs and drives fine so there are no […]
I have had no luck finding a drivers window for a convertible. So I did the next best thing, I made one. I have plenty of hatchback windows but the corners are shaped different and the mounting points are different. The overall curve and shape is right though so that is what I used for […]
I did some sanding on the car to see what it was really going to take to get the body ready to paint. The entire car has a layer of bondo on it so I am going to have to sand the whole thing down to bare metal. It won’t be as smooth as it […]
The wiring under the hood was a mess, there was stuff ran everywhere. So I took the time to arrange it all and wrap up everything to make it look nicer. I then put the radiator in it and topped it off with antifreeze so I could start the car and let it run for […]
Finished the exhaust up. It is using some thin wall pipe I found laying around that is about 1 1/4 OD. I used the stock resonator and the best muffler I could find out of my collection. I had to make two bends in the pipe to fit the whole thing together. It is exiting […]
The glue on the back bumper finally dried so it was time to fit them on the car and make up the brackets for them. The front bumper looks pretty good, I just need to paint everything behind it black so the stuff under the hood is not quite as visible as it is now. […]