I didn’t have much time to work on the car today but I managed to get the second strut tower located and spot welded in place. This at least let me move the furring strips and ratchet straps and get some good pictures of how the rear looks.
I am not real happy with the lower control arms and am thinking of moving them. Now that it is all located in place I will need to check square on the car before doing anything. If it is all square I will probably move the lower control arm mounts forward and try and get them at a 45 degree angle to the axle. I will have to cut and modify the old frame a good bit to get that kind of an angle but I think it will be worth it. If that doesn’t work I will flip them side to side and let them sit parallel to the axles like the stock front suspension is on the car originally. That doesn’t seem ideal for the rear suspension but it will work if nothing else is right.
I really need to get the motor mounts and get the motor location sorted out. That will probably give me a better idea of what kind of angle would be ideal for the control arms. I need to use a more complete motor and a set of axles so I can see how it is going to look fully assembled and get it all positioned correctly and then decide what I am going to do to the control arms.